Connecting with our 21st Century Learners
Today’s students will face challenges our generation has yet to imagine. This module focuses on ensuring that every student is ready to meet those challenges. The 21st Century Skills Framework developed by the Partnership for 21st Century Skills helps to guide this discussion. Participants observe and analyze model lessons to identify 21st century skills and methods of teaching them, design a lesson incorporating 21st century skills and tools, and collaborate with colleagues to critique lessons developed by other participants.
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 3. Teachers know the content they teach.
- a. Teachers align their instruction with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
- d. Teachers make instruction relevent to students.
- 4. Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- b. Teachers plan instruction appropriate for their students.
- c. Teachers use a variety of instructional methods.
- 5. Teachers reflect on their practice.
- b. Teachers link professional growth to their professional goals
- c. Teachers function effectively in a complex, dynamic environment.
Participants will create the following in completing this module, and
central office staff may, at their discretion, request these work products before granting CEUs.
- Concept map reflecting on your teaching practice
- Voice Thread about the 4 Cs in your classroom
- New or adapted lesson plan embedding 21st-century skills