Data Literacy in Action
In this module, the concepts of data literacy introduced in the introductory module will be explored further. The module will introduce a data interpretation cycle that can be used to inform instructional decision making and will address the steps of that cycle in depth.
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 1. Teachers demonstrate leadership.
- a. Teachers lead in their classrooms.
- b. Teachers demonstrate leadership in the school.
- 4. Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- b. Teachers plan instruction appropriate for their students.
- h. Teachers use a variety of methods to assess what each student has learned.
- 5. Teachers reflect on their practice.
- a. Teachers analyze student learning.
- c. Teachers function effectively in a complex, dynamic environment.
- North Carolina School Executive Standards
- 2. Instructional Leadership
- a. Focus on learning and teaching, curriculum, instruction and assessment
Participants will create the following in completing this module, and
central office staff may, at their discretion, request these work products before granting CEUs.
- Journal (includes data collection and analysis activity)
- Action plan based on data analysis