Understanding Student Behavior in the Classroom
This module is for middle and high school teachers and school staff. The module will help teachers and staff develop an enhanced awareness of behavioral health issues in the classroom which may foster academic achievement for all students, decrease dropout rates, and increase North Carolina’s graduation rates.
0.5 CEU (general)
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 1. Teachers demonstrate leadership.
- a. Teachers lead in their classrooms.
- 2. Teachers establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students.
- a. Teachers provide an environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults.
- b. Teachers embrace diversity in the school community and in the world.
- d. Teachers adapt their teaching for the benefit of students with special needs.
- e. Teachers work collaboratively with the families and significant adults in the lives of their students.
- 4. Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- a. Teachers know the ways in which learning takes place, and they know the appropriate levels of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of their students.
- b. Teachers plan instruction appropriate for their students.
- North Carolina School Executive Standards
- 3. Cultural Leadership
- d. Efficacy and empowerment
- 5. Managerial Leadership
- d. School expectations for students and staff