Understanding the Role of School Resource Officers in Schools
Students benefit tremendously from collaborations among educators, school resource officers, school nurses, school social workers, school counselors, and school psychologists. This module will help school personnel develop an awareness of the role and effective use of school resource officers in creating a caring and safe educational environment that promotes learning and community.
0.5 CEU (general)
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 1. Teachers demonstrate leadership.
- a. Teachers lead in their classrooms.
- 2. Teachers establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students.
- a. Teachers provide an environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults.
- e. Teachers work collaboratively with the families and significant adults in the lives of their students.
- North Carolina School Executive Standards
- 1. Strategic Leadership
- d. Distributive leadership
- 3. Cultural Leadership
- b. School culture and identity
- d. Efficacy and empowerment
- 4. Human Resource Leadership
- c. Teacher and staff evaluation