The WIDA English Language Development Standards
This module introduces the World-Class Instructional Design and Assessment (WIDA) English Language Development Standards. The benefit of using the WIDA Standards is delivering instruction that increases comprehensibility for every student, and the goal of this module is to facilitate all teachers’ embedding explicit language instruction in their teaching and learning.
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 3. Teachers know the content they teach.
- b. Teachers know the content appropriate to their teaching specialty.
- c. Teachers recognize the interconnectedness of content areas/disciplines.
- 4. Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- a. Teachers know the ways in which learning takes place, and they know the appropriate levels of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of their students.
- b. Teachers plan instruction appropriate for their students.
- h. Teachers use a variety of methods to assess what each student has learned.
- North Carolina School Executive Standards
- 2. Instructional Leadership
- a. Focus on learning and teaching, curriculum, instruction and assessment
Participants will create the following in completing this module, and
central office staff may, at their discretion, request these work products before granting CEUs.