Demonstrating High Expectations
This mini-module examines the impact of teacher expectations on student success in an era of new standards, explores how educator beliefs are reflected in classroom and school settings, and examines the Framework for 21st Century Learning to fully understand the complexity of this topic.
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 2. Teachers establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students.
- a. Teachers provide an environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults.
- c. Teachers treat students as individuals.
- North Carolina School Executive Standards
- 4. Human Resource Leadership
- a. Professional development/learning communities
- 5. Managerial Leadership
- b. Conflict management and resolution