District Benchmark Assessments
This mini-module guides district administrators, curriculum specialists, and teacher leaders through step-by-step directions to create district benchmark assessments. It includes information on how to create multiple types of items, including multiple choice, open responses and gridded responses, and covers both Manual Tests and Express Tests.
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 1. Teachers demonstrate leadership.
- a. Teachers lead in their classrooms.
- 5. Teachers reflect on their practice.
- a. Teachers analyze student learning.
- North Carolina School Executive Standards
- 2. Instructional Leadership
- a. Focus on learning and teaching, curriculum, instruction and assessment
- b. Focus on instructional time