Setting Learning Targets and Questioning for Learning
This mini-module provides teachers and administrators with an understanding of essential questions, clear learning targets and how their use can enhance student instruction. The module concludes with an opportunity for participants to practice, connecting an essential question with possible big ideas and several learning targets within a unit of study.
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 3. Teachers know the content they teach.
- b. Teachers know the content appropriate to their teaching specialty.
- 4. Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- e. Teachers help students develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- h. Teachers use a variety of methods to assess what each student has learned.