Integrating Student-Created Videos in the Classroom
Video has long been a powerful tool in the classroom. Now, more and more teachers are taking advantage of not only showing videos in lessons, but asking students to create videos as part of lessons and to show mastery of concepts. In this informational mini-module, you will learn why integrating student-created videos is essential in building digital literacy skills in your students, discover tools that you and your students can use to create videos, and identify multimedia resources for use in videos. Participants can expect to spend around 60-90 minutes in this module.
No CEUs awarded
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 4. Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- a. Teachers know the ways in which learning takes place, and they know the appropriate levels of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of their students.
- b. Teachers plan instruction appropriate for their students.
- c. Teachers use a variety of instructional methods.
- d. Teachers integrate and utilize technology in their instruction.
- e. Teachers help students develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- f. Teachers help students work in teams and develop leadership qualities.
- h. Teachers use a variety of methods to assess what each student has learned.