North Carolina K-3 Formative Assessment Process for Teachers
This module will describe the NC K-3 Formative Assessment Process and its critical components. It will go on to emphasize on what it looks like when implemented in the classroom. It will take approximately 10 hours to complete and be worth 1 CEU on completion.
10 hours, 1.0 CEU
Alignment to North Carolina standards
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- 1. Teachers demonstrate leadership.
- a. Teachers lead in their classrooms.
- d. Teachers advocate for schools and students.
- 2. Teachers establish a respectful environment for a diverse population of students.
- a. Teachers provide an environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults.
- c. Teachers treat students as individuals.
- d. Teachers adapt their teaching for the benefit of students with special needs.
- 3. Teachers know the content they teach.
- c. Teachers recognize the interconnectedness of content areas/disciplines.
- d. Teachers make instruction relevent to students.
- 4. Teachers facilitate learning for their students.
- a. Teachers know the ways in which learning takes place, and they know the appropriate levels of intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of their students.
- c. Teachers use a variety of instructional methods.
- h. Teachers use a variety of methods to assess what each student has learned.
- 5. Teachers reflect on their practice.
- a. Teachers analyze student learning.
Participants will create the following in completing this module, and
central office staff may, at their discretion, request these work products before granting CEUs.
- Reflection journal
- NC K-3 Formative Assessment Process Self Reflection form
- Completed pre and post test